Portuguese D2 Visa
D-2 Visa falls under the residence category, which is considered a long-term visa for 120 days stay, after you can obtain a residence card which is valid for two years. The main objective of this visa is to raise external resources as a way to foster the Portuguese economy. The tax obligations for your company in Portugal (VAT) are between 4% and 23%.
Let us take care of this process for you! The cost of service is €2000.
Prepare a decent business plan
You need to prove that your business in the field you are choosing can be useful for Portugal.
Prepare required documents
Simple and fast procedure to save you the time and effort.
Apply for a D2 Visa
You will have a dedicated account manager, always within easy reach of just a WhatsApp text.
- Official form;
- Passport or additional travel document valid for 3 months more than expected duration of the stay;
- Two passport photos, up-to-date and with enough quality to identify the applicant;
- Valid travel insurance, allowing medical coverage, including medical emergencies and repatriation;
- Proof of being in a regular situation when from a different nationality than that of the country where the visa is being applied for (valid residency/citizenship of the country of your current stay);
- Criminal record certificate from the country of origin or the country where the applicant is residing for over a year (except children under the age of 16);
- Proof of means of subsistence 9500 EUR (minimal salary in Portugal x 12 months);
Benefits of D2 type of visa
- No need to invest a lot. Unlike the Golden Visa, D2 doesn’t require to make a significant investment. Your new business should have a minimum capital of €5,000 to prove the credibility of your company.
- No language tests. You don’t need to speak Portuguese to apply for the D2 visa, but later you will need to pass a basic Portuguese proficiency test (A2 Level) in order to apply for citizenship. Or there is another option: to submit a language school certificate proving your language level.
- Fast result. Your D2 Visa and residency application can be completed in as little as 4 to 5 months.
- No-visa traveling. As a resident of Portugal, you can cross the border of 26 other EU countries to travel there, or even to work.
- Family reunification. You can apply for residency and after citizenship for you spouse and dependent children.