Portugal is an amazing place to live. There are many perks and even 100 pages wouldn’t be enough to describe this experience. But let’s just talk some quick facts and figures. Also feel free to explore our FAQ about Portugal!
Many times Portugal took the first place in expat ratings and independent surveys and was numerously voted the number 1 destination for expats.
- Soft Climate and up to 300 sunny days per annum
- Ocean! And that means great seafood, breathtaking views, beautiful beaches, surfing and other water activities.
- Super-friendly locals with the majority proficient in English
- One of the lowest crime rates and highest security rates in EU
- Very high quality of life
- One of the cheapest countries to live in the EU
- Open minded, modern government that provides support for new initiatives and facilitates development programmes for start ups and commerce
- High availability for loans under low annual interest rate
- High quality healthcare
- Flexible taxation and exemptions under NHR regime for newcomers
- Absence of heavy industry and low pollution rates
- Affordable Housing