When you get a NIF through our services, we will request a password from the Portuguese tax office on your behalf. The Portuguese tax office will mail us a physical copy of your password and we will forward that to you.
You will use this password to get access to their online portal called “Portal das Finanças”. Portal das Finanças is where you will interact with the Portuguese tax office.
The first thing you should do after receiving your password is to log in and update your password to something only you know.
2. Enter your NIF number* in the first field, the password provided to you via email in the second field and then click the blue button.
Nº de Contribuinte = NIF (9 digits number on the left side of PDF file provided by Financas with your NIF number)
Senha de acesso = Senha de Acesso Internet in PDF file with the password provided by Financas
3. On the homepage, locate the search bar then type “senha” (English = “password” ). Enter on your keyboard or click the search icon.
4. Under the heading “Alterar Dados de Acesso”, click “Aceder”.
English: “Change Access Data” > “Access”
5. Here, you need to re-enter your password.
6. Press the checkbox beside “Alterar Senha”. English: “Change Password”
Enter your new password (with a minimum of 8 characters) in both the form fields then click the green button.
7. Thanks for using our guide, your password has been updated now.
Do not yet have a NIF? Make a few simple steps to obtain your first Portugal NIF online