Do you need to open a Portuguese bank account?
We offer the service of individual bank account opening. Thanks to our cooperation with two most trustable Portuguese banks we are able to offer a simplified procedure and a possibility of choice.
Let us take care of this process for you!
There are two options for the bank account opening:
- Whole process is carried out online, you don’t even have to leave the house
- Bank will send your bank cards, they will be delivered by the bank to your door by mail
- This option takes 3-4 weeks (estimated time based on provided documents and not guaranteed)
- The cost of process fee is 300 EUR
- The account can be provided by Novobanco
- If you are in Portugal in person
- Our employee will follow you to the bank office to help not only with papers, but also to cope with the language barrier
- This option takes just 3-4 days (estimated time based on provided documents and not guaranteed)
- The cost of process fee is 500 EUR
- The account can be provided by Novobanco or Millennium BCP
Please, note: to open a business bank account it's required to obtain a personal account first.
All communication with the bank will be handled by our local legal team that is located in Portugal.
Simple and fast procedure to save you the time and effort.
You will have a dedicated account manager, always within easy reach of just a WhatsApp text.
Bank account features:
TYPE OF ACCOUNT:
Prestige NB 360
WHAT IT INCLUDES:
IMPORTANT! Please note that all documents you provide must be either in English or Portuguese as well certified and apostilled.
1. Passport scan
Only allowed format is scanned copies, photos are not accepted.
2. Proof of residence
Can be for example a utility/phone bill, signed rental agreement, scan of a document containing your name and address, etc.
3. Proof of profession
Can be a signed work contract, income statement, company statement. Signed manually by pen, no digital signatures.
4. Portuguese NIF
NIF is a portuguese tax identification number that is emitted by the Tax Department. It’s required for most of financial activities in Portugal. If you don’t have it yet, you can get it online in 3 days with our services.
5. Tax number from the country of residence
If you are taxed outside of Portugal, you are required to provide a document containing your tax ID number from this country. It should be the Tax Number of the same country, that is written in address field in your NIF certificate! Please note that some countries put this number in passports or identification cards. It is up to you to provide all the required information.
Process of account opening online
This fee covers all expenses related to the opening procedures, however you are still supposed to deposit a minimum of 250 EUR to your bank account as well as pay the monthly 8.20 EUR bank fee for upkeep of your account.
You can find a lot of helpful information in our article about banking in Portugal.
With our partner Wise, e-Residence customers can open a multi-currency account to send, spend, and receive in over 50 currencies with the real exchange rate. Join over 10 million people today.