What can I use as proof of address in Portugal as an EU citizen?

It’s important to understand that every Portuguese tax office has a slightly different process. When you request to remove our lawyer as your Fiscal Representative, you will need to provide valid CRUE certificate.
You can provide your European Union Citizen Registration Certificate (“Certificado de Registo de Cidadão da União Europeia”)

NOTE, this document you can obtain at the local Loja de Cidadão (Câmara Municipal da área de residência). Requirements to obtain:

  • NIF
  • Passport/EU-citizen ID card
  • Proof of address in Portugal ( e.g. rental agreement)

Do not yet have a NIF? Make a few simple steps to obtain your first Portugal NIF online